Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Introducing The Dreams


Here is a first look at Tony award winner Anika Noni Rose, Beyonce and an almost American Idol Jennifer Hudson as The Dreams from the upcoming film version of Dreamgirls. Tasty Clips thinks they nailed this one. Though there was this comment from a popular sports personality: "The outfits look good and the hair is from the 60s period but that makeup is too modern. Check out Ms. Ross and the girls during that era - makeup was dramatic - bold lips and eyes. The blue shadow and brown lips is the current trend (that does not work on everyone). I think makes the girls faces look somewhat too muted." What do you think? Beyonce, while promoting her upcoming film The Pink Panther, is effusive about taking on the role of Deena. "I am so excited about it, I can't even talk," she told Latino Review. "I'm shaking cause I'm so happy. I've been hearing about Dreamgirls since I was 15. I have never seen it because I was born the year it was Broadway, but I have seen the bootleg tape of it. I've been hearing about Deena and everything about her because my choreographer is obsessed with her and when they told me they were doing this movie, I was like, "Oh, my God. I have to have this movie. At first they weren't sure if I can play the part because I haven't done anything like it on film. I knew I could do it. I just never had a chance to do it. I got the movie and I'm so excited because I'm proud of myself and I get to play a character with range and I'm 16 in the beginning and I grow up to be 36. And there's nothing glamorous about Deena, and she kinda butterflies into this diva. I have dramatic scenes and emotional scenes and very funny scenes, and there are all these colors. I'm so excited cause people will see me act for the very first time."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home